Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



Alright, you guys know the drill.  It's 10:30 pm, you're sitting in your room, and you have that late-night craving for something sweet, preferably in cookie form.  My favorite cookie to make in times like this are Oatmeal Raisin cookies....they're not too sweet, but light enough to want to have quite a few!

My family and I are leaving for vacation in a few days, and I just finished packing four boxes of stuff for my apartment/condo in Champaign!  I seriously cannot wait to start life post-college!  The physical therapy exercises are reeeally hard, though....oh well, hopefully it'll get easier and I won't be angry and frustrated for too much longer.


I've used this recipe for oatmeal cookies once before, and after trying 8 of them, I can safely say these are my favorite recipe.  Just a quick note, though: make sure you chill these before dropping on cookie sheets!!  When I made them just now, I forgot to chill the dough, and they turned out pretty dry....still tasty, but they don't look as pretty, haha.  Despite all of that, these cookies are quick, easy, and perfect for some late-night hunger!  Hope y'all decide to make these :)

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES

INGREDIENTS
1 stick butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350º F, and cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.  Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in another bowl, and add to sugar mixture.  Fold in oats and raisins, and chill dough for about 30 minutes.  Drop by spoonfuls on non-stick cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool, and serve with a cold glass of milk.

Hope y'all enjoy!

xoxo, Sara  

No comments:

Post a Comment