Thursday, July 14, 2011

Orange and Cumin Pork Tenderloin and Asparagus with Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar

  
So, it's been 7 weeks today since I sprained my ankle....how crazy!  I've been able to walk around the house fairly well, with my tennis shoe, ace bandage, and aircast, but I quickly realized I can't spend ALL day walking around on my poor little ankle.  Today was my first day of physical therapy, and although the exercises didn't really hurt, it was an hour of ankle-related activities, including riding on the exercise bike for 10 minutes.  Needless to say, I'm pretty sore!  And I've even been doing exercises to prepare for physical therapy....hah, oh well, I guess I'll be in great shape after all of this stuff is done!


So, last night I made my family dinner, and man, what a difference it makes to be able to stand on my two feet!  It was really tasty, and I think my family loved it too, seeing as there are no more leftovers.  I've made this dish many times, and it's consistently gotten great reviews; I hope you guys will try it and enjoy it!


Orange and Cumin Pork Loin
(http://www.thebittenword.com/thebittenword/2011/01/emerils-orange-and-cumin-pork-loin.html)


INGREDIENTS
3 lbs boneless pork loin or pork tenderloin
2 Tbsp olive oil
1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
2 Tbsp orange marmalade
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro 

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400º F, and combine cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.  Rub pork with oil on both sides, and coat with seasonings. In a large skillet, cook pork over high until browned on all sides, for 8 minutes. Transfer pork to a baking dish, and in a small bowl whisk orange juice, vinegar, and marmalade in a bowl; drizzle over pork.  Roast pork, basting frequently with cooking juices, until cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes (170º F on a meat thermometer). Sprinkle pork with cilantro, let rest 10 minutes before slicing, and serve with pan juices.


 Asparagus with Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar

INGREDIENTS
1 bunch asparagus
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, or to taste
4-5 Tbsp olive oil, or to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
Wash and trim the white ends of the asparagus, and evenly distribute on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Mix asparagus with minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper by hand.  Bake for 11 minutes at 350º F, and serve immediately!

Hope y'all enjoy!

xoxo, Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment