Thursday, August 25, 2011

Parmesan Tilapia



Today was one of those days where I just wanted to sit on my couch all day....so going to work at 3 pm was REALLY tough.  Last night, I was feeling pretty down, because I feel like my best friend and I are growing apart.  If I knew if and what I did, it would make me feel better, but she's not talking to me at all about anything!  And for some reason, things like that are REALLY tough/impossible for me to get over.  Hopefully one day she'll try and contact me, but for now I just have to ignore it and move on with my life :(

To cheer me up a little, I decided to make one of my favorite meals of all time: Parmesan Tilapia.  It's TOTAL comfort food....seriously.  Loads of parmesan cheese, flaky white fish, butter or olive oil, salt and pepper, and tomato sauce....what else could be better?  And I paired it with pasta, a side salad with red and green peppers, and my left-over snickerdoodles.  I have a good feeling that things are gonna start looking up for me soon....(especially since I got my paycheck today!)  


This recipe is seriously the easiest in the entire world, so I'd recommend making it if you're looking for a 30-minute meal!


Parmesan Tilapia
(from Craig Claiborne's New York Times Cookbook)

INGREDIENTS
2 tilapia filets
salt and pepper, to taste
generous amount of tomato sauce
generous amount of shredded Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp melted butter

DIRECTIONS
Grease a square baking dish with butter, and place the washed tilapia filets in the dish.  Season with salt and pepper, and coat with tomato sauce.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, drizzle melted butter on top, and bake in a 425º F oven for 20 minutes.

Hope y'all enjoy!
xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment