Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peach Cobbler

Hey everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but I've been in places where I wasn't able to have internet access.  I traveled to Florida for my uncle's wedding, and then went to Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina, where my grandmother owns some condos.  It was the most amazing trip for me, mainly because I've had my ass on the couch for months at a time!  Florida was wonderful; it was great to see my relatives and meet new family :)  Of course the wedding was fun, the cake was beautiful, and I got to swing dance!  The beach was probably my favorite though; if I were done with school and had enough money to live on, I would move to the beach in a second.  Seriously.  This was the view of the beach from our condo:


I know.  UNBELIEVABLE.  So, while I was at the beach, I decided to bake something for my family.  The day I made the cobbler, there were some tears, yelling, private conversations, etc.  But the good thing about anything made with butter, sugar, and fresh fruit is it makes EVERYTHING better, including the most crazy drama.  :)


Anyway, I hope you guys decide to try this peach cobbler recipe.  It's unbelievably delicious, and I have made it twice this summer....whoops.  :P


Hill Country Peach Cobbler

INGREDIENTS
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup milk 
3 cups sliced fresh peaches
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350º F, and melt the butter in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat until browned.  Pour the butter into an 8-inch square baking dish.  In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.  Pour the mixture over the butter, but do not stir.  Arrange the peaches evenly on top of the batter, and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar (I mixed them together before sprinkling them on top).  Bake the cobbler for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden brown.  Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.

Hope y'all enjoy!

xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment