Monday, August 22, 2011

Snickerdoodles



Today I had NOTHING to do!  I haven't had a day like that in....god, since I was sitting on the couch at home!  So I did all of my dishes (which was a LOT), cleaned up the rooms, and bought some odds and ends for the apartment.  I got this really cute bedspread, and my room is definitely screaming Sara more than ever:


After all of my errands were done and I cleaned the kitchen, I fixed myself dinner: a chicken, bacon, and tomato sandwich, freshly cut-up watermelon, and leftover corn chowder.  While eating dinner, I watched The Parent Trap....and pretty much bawled the entire time.  Alas, throughout the teary eyes, I had this urge to make a simple dessert, like cookies.  I didn't want to spend more money and go to the grocery store again, and I had leftover cinnamon and sugar from the churro cupcakes.  The obvious solution was....snickerdoodle cookies!

These cookies are one of my favorites, because they're not too rich (which unfortunately means you can eat a ton without feeling too stuffed, haha).  I would highly recommend baking these....they're so tasty and make your house smell like Christmas!

Snickerdoodles (makes 24 cookies)

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350º F, and cream butter and sugar together.  Add egg, and then add vanilla extract.  Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture, form into a ball, and wrap in saran wrap.  Place in the refrigerator, and chill for 1 hour.  Unwrap the dough, and take out small chunks of dough and roll into balls.  Dip in cinnamon and sugar mixed together, and place on baking sheets (flatten with the bottom of a glass, if desired---I didn't flatten them, and I think they look just as pretty!).  Bake for 8-10 minutes, let cool, and serve with a cold glass of milk.

Hope y'all enjoy!
xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment