Saturday, August 27, 2011

Strawberry Pancakes



Wow, it is such a gorgeous morning today!  I'm looking outside at the lake, with the sun reflecting over the ripples in the water, and it's just such a peaceful morning.  

Yesterday was SUCH a good day---I went to lunch with an old friend from Oberlin, and it was just so wonderful to hang out with her!  We never really got to hang out that much while at Oberlin, so I hope we can start doing that here in Urbana!  Then I went to hear the Boneyard Quintet at the Iron Post....man, they were sounding really good.  It was nice to get drunk and visit with old friends, haha....and I was out with some friends until midnight last night!  I was pretty beat, but I really haven't gone out by myself, with friends, in a LONG time.

Anyway, so I woke up this morning, and thought to myself: man....I haven't had pancakes in a long time!  I bought these gorgeous strawberries at County Market the other day, and it occurred to me: why don't I make STRAWBERRY PANCAKES?  They are SO delicious, and a perfect summer treat :)  Please make these if you're looking for a way to use up your strawberries....I guarantee you'll want more than one!

Strawberry Pancakes

INGREDIENTS
1-1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp sugar
1-1/2 cups milk
2 eggs, separated
3 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
7-8 diced strawberries
   

DIRECTIONS
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. In a measuring cup combine the milk, egg yolks and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients lightly, stirring until lumpy and just combined; add in strawberries.  In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold gently into the rest of the batter.  Cook pancakes on a preheated, buttered griddle. Serve with maple syrup and additional strawberries, if desired.

Hope y'all enjoy!

xoxo, Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment