Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Banana Bread


A couple of days ago, I realized I had fairly old bananas....and anytime you have overly ripe fruit, there's only one thing that means in my mind: time to make a fruit dessert!  Therefore....it was my duty to make banana bread.

I have actually NEVER made banana bread!  I know, surprising right?  But it was seriously the easiest thing I have ever made!  I was really REALLY tired after making the enchiladas, and was definitely having second thoughts about making the banana bread.  But it literally took 10 minutes to mix all of the ingredients and pour it into the loaf pan.  If you guys have overly ripe bananas....just do me a solid and make the banana bread.  Trust me, you'll thank me later :)

Banana Bread
(from the Fanfare Cookbook)

INGREDIENTS 
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt 

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350ยบ F, and grease a 9x5x3" loaf pan. Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and bananas. Add dry ingredients, pour into the loaf pan, and bake 1 hour. Cool, cut into slices, and spread with butter.

Hope y'all enjoy!

xoxo, Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment