Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sugar Cookies


Alright....so I had another late night cookie craving.  So, I made sugar cookies!  A little amendment I made: I ran out of vanilla extract, so I used 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1-1/2 tsp almond extract.  I think the cookies taste wonderful, but it just depends if you like more of a vanilla flavor or more of an almond flavor.  Regardless, I hope y'all make these cookies; they're simply spectacular!  :)


Sugar Cookies

INGREDIENTS
2-1/4 cups flour
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter
3/4 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling the cookie dough balls in
2 eggs
2-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350º F, and whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.  Cream butter and sugar, and beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Blend in the vanilla, and add in the dry ingredients mixing just until incorporated and evenly mixed.  Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.  Form the dough into balls and roll them in the extra sugar.  Flatten them, and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool, and serve warm with a cold glass of milk.

Hope y'all enjoy!


xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment