Monday, December 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies




I am FINALLY on vacation!  I had a total of 10 gigs throughout the month and literally NO free time this month of December....kind of put a strain on my fairly sane life.  ....okay, so my life isn't that sane.  Kinda crazy, actually.  But my theory is that December just really sucks.

However busy I was, the week before I left for Austin was SO much easier on my schedule.  One of my favorite jobs is to manage the East Central Illinois Youth Orchestra, so I decided to bake them peanut butter cookies and peanut butter blossoms.   They loved them, and ate most of them!  And to my surprise, they ended up giving ME a gift at the end of the rehearsal!  A scented candle and an $85 gift card to Espresso Royale....best gift I could've ever asked for :)

These cookies are....heavenly, to say the least.  Oh yeah, and they're SUPER addicting.  I could probably eat close to 10 in one setting, not even kidding.  

If you like your cookies super chewy, I'd recommend baking them for 12 minutes.  I ended up baking them for 13.5 minutes, and they were perfectly crispy and delicious!  (I personally prefer cookies chewy, so I'd bake them a little less next time)

I hope you guys decide to bake these---trust me, you will not be sorry!


PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

INGREDIENTS 
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cups flour
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375º F.  In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Beat in egg to mixture. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Stir in salt, baking soda and flour until well combined. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll in extra sugar. Place on baking sheet and flatten with fork to make a crisscross design. Bake for 12-15 minutes, and let cool.
 
Hope y'all enjoy!
 
xoxo, Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment