Thursday, December 15, 2011

Strawberry Shortbread Cookies



Hey everyone!  Sorry it's been SUCH a long time since I posted anything....like around 2 months from now, hah.  My computer was out of commission for quite a while (there were about 5 or 6 keys that weren't working), so obviously I couldn't post the delicious things I was making!

While I've been away, I celebrated my 23rd birthday with my friends, and it was completely lovely!  We all went out to dinner at Escobar's restuarant in Champaign, and then went drinking with my friends.  Just reminded me how many lovely friends I have, and what a beautiful place C-U is!


The day after my birthday was probably the most exciting....I went out on a date with someone I met through a dating website.  Ironically, I actually met him a long time ago, as his sister was my babysitter!  I know, crazy and seemingly awkward....but we got along so well on our first date, and we have been dating ever since!  He's the most amazing man, and does EVERYTHING right: he cleans up when I'm away at work, makes me a bath when I'm feeling sick, and every now and then gets me flowers:


Yeah, I know.  He's perfect.  Thinking I'll keep this one for a while :)  Oh yeah, and he's adorable:






So, I decided to make Strawberry Shortcake cookies.  These cookies are simply AMAZING, and probably are my favorite cookies to eat.  And what better time than the Christmas season to be making cookies?


Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy the cookies, and I promise I'll post more diligently!!  :P




STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE COOKIES

INGREDIENTS 
12 oz strawberries, hulled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
1-2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp cold butter
2/3 cup heavy cream
extra sugar, for sprinkling
DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375º F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.  Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar in a medium bowl and set aside.  Whisk together the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.  Mix in the butter with your hands until coarse crumbs form.  Stir in the heavy cream until the dough starts to come together, then gently fold in strawberries.

Drop dough onto cookie sheets with your fingers, evenly spaced apart.  Sprinkle with coarse sugar, and bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Serve with a cold glass of milk.


Hope y'all enjoy!


xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment