Friday, February 3, 2012

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Penne


Hey everyone!

What a busy couple of weeks it's been.....I played again with the CU Symphony and we played Mahler 1, Saint-Saens Violin Concerto, and Corigliano's Gazebo Dances.  A pretty incredible program....man, I do love playing in an orchestra, and hopefully someday I can do it professionally someday!  

Work has definitely been kicking my ass, and I've barely had time to rest!  But Charlie has definitely been helpful in keeping me sane, and he's just such an amazing person to be around.  He even gets me to clean the house on a regular basis, no matter how busy it gets!  How crazy!  :P

So, to thank him for his wonderful attitude toward me, I made him some chicken broccoli alfredo pasta with baked parmesan broccoli and garlic bread.  Yeah.  I love him a lot.  :)  The meal really wasn't hard to make, but I'm still trying to get used to making a complete meal of 3 things, which takes more time than I'm used to.  All together, it took about 2-2.5 hours to make, but the pasta itself took VERY little time.  Trust me....you're gonna want to make this.  It makes a lot of pasta, but you WILL eat all of it.  I promise.  :P



CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI 
ALFREDO PENNE


INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 medium shallots, minced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup white wine
1-1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
4 cups penne pasta (whole wheat)
1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
salt and ground pepper
DIRECTIONS
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet with olive oil, add chicken, and cook 12-15 minutes turning once. Once cooked, leave to rest for 5 minutes, then slice.  Cook penne according to directions on the box.  During the last 5 minutes, add broccoli; drain in a colander.

Meanwhile, sauté shallots in butter for 4 minutes, and then add garlic. Cook another minute then add wine. Cook until wine reduces by half, for 4 or 5 minutes.  Lower burner to low heat, and add cream stirring occasionally until thickened for 3 to 4 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted.   Add sliced chicken, broccoli and pasta to skillet. Stir until combined then season with salt and pepper.

Hope y'all enjoy!

xoxo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment